What causes heavy periods after its prolonged absence?
Yes, it is perfectly normal...
Yes, it is normal to have heavy periods after 1 year of not having your periods. The bleeding might be with the same intensity for a few more days (perhaps up to 2 weeks as reported from my patients). Do not worry.
Try to get some iron and folic acid supplements and to eat foods high in iron and folic acid.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes long heavy periods in feeding mother
- What is causing regular headaches with heavy periods and bruising
- What causes extremely heavy periods
- What causes early heavy periods
- What causes heavy period bleeding
- What causes heavy periods with red spotting and discharge
- What causes heavy periods after taking i-pill
- What causes long and heavy periods during perimenopause
- What causes long heavy periods and knee pain
- What causes long continous heavy periods after delivery