What causes heavy menstrual cramps?
Do ultrasound abdomen to identify the cause
Hi dear.Thanks for writing on HCM.
Menstrual cramps can worsen for a number of reasons and cannot be definitively attributed to a single cause.After through examination, I were to do an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis to rule out the below causes which are equally common and important in your age group.
1.Fibroid (local overgrowth of the wall of the uterus)
2.Infection of the tubes and surrounding tissues(pelvic inflammatory disease)
3.Endometriosis(where the lining of the uterus ends up growing in different spots of the body)
Nothing to panic.It is important to identify the cause to plan further management.All of them are treatable if picked up in the early stages.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Intense menstrual cramps causes
- Menstrual cramps that cause pain in legs
- Can menstrual cramps cause diarrhea
- Menstrual cramps causes
- What causes severe menstrual cramps with fatigue and backache
- What causes severe menstrual cramps after marriage
- Severe menstrual cramps causes
- What is the medicine for menstrual cramps
- Concerta heavy menstrual cramps
- Duphaston cause menstrual cramping