What causes heavy clotted menstruation after removing endometriosis cysts and an ovary?
My last paps smear has shown clear results.
Please advise if this is normal? Are there any other tests or examinations I should carry out?
My friend had very heavy periods snd blood clots and diagnoised with cervical cancer.
Ovarian removal advised
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic forum.
This recurring endometrosis can only be treated by removal of the remaining ovary for permanent cure which will also treat increased blood loss in periods and pain too.
But if at all you don't want to be devoid of ovaries and want the menstrual cycle to continue but in regulated fashion then you can try Mirena IUCD insertion.
Mirena will treat excessive periods and will keep endometrosis in check to some extent but might not be able to treat cyst and pain during periods.
I would like to advice you to get an endometrial biopsy and testing which will rule out endometrial cancer which is commonly seen in association with endometrosis and also will make endometrium more responsive to Mirena.
In case you have any questions related to this I will be glad to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Endometriosis blood clots during menstruation
- What is the remedy for cyst in ovaries with endometriosis
- What is endometriosis
- Cause of stomach pain after endometriosis treatment
- Death caused by endometriosis
- Endometriosis caused by candida
- Does endometriosis cause gas
- Does endometriosis cause constipation
- What causes recurrent pelvic pain after a hysterectomy for endometriosis
- Endometriosis causes