What causes heavy bleeding even after having NovaSure?

Dr. Ahmad Nazzal

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I had novasure over three weeks ago still.have bloody discharge is this normal
Answered by Dr. Ahmad Nazzal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your question, I will make sure to cover all what you need to know regarding your question.

Novasure as I am sure your doctor explained that it gently removes the lining of the uterus'the part that causes the bleeding. After the procedure is done some women may experience some cramping, mild pain, nausea, and/or vomiting. Most women feel back to themselves and can resume normal activities within a day or so. Be sure to follow any instructions from your doctor, no matter how good you're feeling.

A watery and/or bloody discharge following the novasure endometrial ablation procedure is normal. It could start anywhere from immediately after the procedure to a couple of weeks afterwards. The discharge may last only briefly, or for up to a couple of months. It could even come and go, increasing after certain activities. This is quite normal and can be expected with any endometrial ablation procedure.

Its variable when will the period become regular again but its advised to give your self a period of 3 months for proper healing to occur.

Its very important that you keep in touch with your treating doctor and regular follow ups to check on recovery and to make sure you discuss all your concerns with your doctor and to mention the bloody discharge.

I hope my answer was detailed enough and provided valuable information related to your question.

Feel free to more questions in case you need to know more.

wish you full soon recovery.

Best regards,
Dr. Nazzal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T