What causes heaviness of the stomach during 16 weeks of pregnancy?

Question
hi . my wife is 16weeks pregnant and have been taking iron and calcium supplements as prescribed by doctor. she have been feeling heaviness in her stomach all the time during the day. specially it's difficult while she sits. she feels her stomach gets squeezed while sitting . I hope this is not causing any harm to the. baby. pls suggest.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,she is suffering from gastritis.So she can take pantaprazole 40mg empty stomach once daily and antacid syp three times will get relief.
Do not worry these symptoms do not have any effects on baby.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal