What causes heaviness in the chest and heart palpitations after heart surgery?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Sir,

Recently I went through a heart procedure for my high heart beat.( having this problem once in a year or 2).
but after this treatment I still having same problem every time I am feeling flurry and heaviness in my middle of chest and palpitation even a small physical work. also from last few days again at time suddenly woke up feeling tongue very dry and heaviness with palpitation in heart. also going for urinery 3-4 times at night.

also I have noticed my pulse rare always read around 90 to 110 at resting .

Could anybody provide me second opinion for this
or test for further investigations.

I am attaching my discharge summary also
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
please provide details and documents.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
I would be great if you can upload your documents on right top corner of this page. You may also send them to YYYY@YYYY and mention Dr Sukhvinder Singh in subject line.
Please also provide your brief history and your current medication.
If the palpitation and heaviness of chest comes every time you exert or it is not a regular feature with exertion.
waiting for your details
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

I have uploaded the documents.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
be assured but meet your treating doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
The report says that your coronary arteries are normal. Hence the likelihood of pain being anginal is very very low. Occasional flurry or transient palpitation may be normal, however persistent episodic palpitation warrants a revisit to your cardiologist. Most importantly you have to decide if your symptoms are same as they were prior to ablation. If you have recurrence of symptoms, visit the doctor. Else mild chest pain or transient palpitation is common after procedure.
Increase frequency of urination, dryness of tongue and sudden awakening are more common in anxiety then this kind of ailment.
You should consult your treating cardiologist only with aim of getting increase in dose of beta-blockers which you are already taking and second to get prescription of an anxiolytic. I sincerely hope this will help you.
The procedure may be considered to be failure only if you have nearly 100% recurrence of symptoms as you were having prior to procedure.
Feel free to discuss further.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad