What causes heaviness in head, tiredness and cold sensation below ear?
Ringing in the ears is called tinnitus.
Tinnitus can cause a heaviness in the head and feelings of cold.
It can be very distracting and irritating.
I need you to read these questions and answers.
1) Have you ever been to a doctor before for this problem? If not, you need to see an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) doctor.
2) Have you been persistently exposed to loud noises anytime in the past? This could be due to the nature of your work or the environment where you live.
3) Have you any problems with ear wax build up? Do you find ear wax oozing out? If so please have them cleaned because ear wax build up causes tinnitus.
4) Do you clean your ears regularly with cotton tipped ear cleaners? Please clean your ears regularly to prevent tinnitus.
5) Do you take aspirin? Aspirin causes tinnitus in some people, so you might need to find another medicine, instead of taking Aspirin.
Treatment of ringing in the ears. (Tinnitus)
1) ENT doctors use a medicine called a Nortriptyline for treatment of tinnitus.
2) You can get ear plugs from a drug store. These are known to help greatly.
3) Some ear plugs come with a sound generator that creates white noise, that
cancels the ringing in your ears.
Other important issues.
1) Get an MRI scan done to rule out very rare causes of tinnitus.
2) An ENT doctor will rule out Meniere's disease of the ear.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tiredness or guidyness in the body
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- Nausea sweating cold chills tiredness during periods causes for symptoms
- What causes severe tiredness
- What is the cause for dark urine and tiredness
- What causes cold sensation inside the ears
- What are the causes for lightheadedness and tiredness
- What could be causing tiredness
- What causes cold sensation in ears
- What causes light headed and tiredness in children