What causes heaviness in chest and throat with breathlessness?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi
I am a 41 year old male and have recently been experiencing heaviness in chest and throat and breathlessness..I had all respiritory tests come back clear and I had a endoscopy and they found gastritis esophagitis and moderate reflux.And bile in the stomach which is probably because I had my gallbladder removed 18 months ago..
I have increased my lansoprazole to 30mg twice a day for the last 2 weeks and I eat very well but im still suffering with this constant.. And now I also I am also experiencing terrible breathlessness every time I lay down and I get a lump in throat and I cant even sleep now because of this..

My question is…..Can this get better in time and if so how long does this take roughly

Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes , this condition will get better in time .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

As per your clinical history & endoscopy it appears that you are having Gastritis + esophagitis + GERD + Heartburn.

Yes , this condition will get better in time . It will take roughly 8-16 weeks .

If I were your treating doctor,
I would advice you life style modification .
Avoid spicy , fast food , alcohol & smoking .
Eat timely 3 hour before sleep , take walk after meal & also try to sleep timely.

You can use antacid syrup for instant relief. Continue lansoprazole and metoclopomide .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.

Follow-up: What causes heaviness in chest and throat with breathlessness? 1 hour later
Hi how is my sphincter damaged because it comes up when i sleep now or can this correct itself over time

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is because of GERD .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for follow up query.
It is because of GERD .
Yes , this will correct itselt over 8-16 weeks.
Use antacid syrup & lansoprazole + metoclopomide . Most Important is life style modification.

If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health .
Regards.