What causes heaviness below the shoulder?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi
I Feel light heaviness in below right side of the left shoulder near back bone. And in musles. Also some time in left arm near shoulder and some time in vains. Some time got light pain in my left arm joints. Some time i feel problem in musles from neck to left side shoulder and pain in teeths. And felt all time lazy and unfresh. ANd my stomatch is also not well most time no hunger , digestion is not well. and feel gestric. Need help . screenshort attached.
Also some time feel light pain in left side below chest , getting bulgm in wastage and no proper and lose shit. No solid shit. sounds in belly.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
can due to compression of nerve and muscle sprain

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

According to your history and complains such kind of pain can due to compression of nerve and muscle sprain due lifting of heavy bag/gym on shoulder.

When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine to see for severity of nerve compression.
Another differential can be nerve compression due to disc bulge which may need MRI for confirmation.

Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.
You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.
You may need to take rest for early healing.

Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- gradual neck rotation, touching your ears to shoulder, shoulder shrugging exercises.
Also check your vit B12 and vit D3 in your blood.

I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day for gastric trouble.
Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering.
Gastric hyperacidity can lead to altered mouth taste.
You shit also can become solid if gastric acidity is resolved.
You may need to avoid acidic food like bakery items, smoking, alcohol, cheese, stress.
Eat fresh food and soup with fruits juices.

Gases formation can be reduced by eating easily digestible food stop non veg drink plenty of water.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Dr Vaibhav

Follow-up: What causes heaviness below the shoulder? 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor
I will check the Vitamin B12 and D3 in blood and let you know the test results and also visit a physiotherapist.

For stomach So i should take rabeprazole 20 MG twice a day and Sucralfate ?

How to use Sucralfate ? And any further medicine??
When i eat i do burping most of the time and it relax me.

I was usually smoking a packet but now i reduce the cigrate to 2- 3 daily.

Also As you said such kind of pain can due to compression of nerve and muscle sprain due lifting of heavy bag/gym on shoulder.

I did not lift up heavy bag and not go to gym.
However some time feel one or two veins of hands heavy some time pain in vain of arms. The pain is normal and very light. some month ago the feeling was in my left feet.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 48 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

You can use sucralfate syrup 1 spoon twice daily.

Its good that you reduced your cigarette.

Then this can be postural or structural problem.

Follow-up: What causes heaviness below the shoulder? 2 days later
I visited a physiotherapist today. He give a therapy with ultra wave about 10 minutes . And give me the following medications

Nuberol forte , Dicloran 50 MG and methycobal , two tables daily for 5 days.
Is it alright?And comment that it's cervical muscle spasm

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YES alright

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Continue physiotherapy for few days,medicines are ok.