What causes heaviness and pulling sensation in left breast?

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Cancer
Question: I have been experience heaviness and a pulling sensation in my left breast. It almost fees like when breastmilk comes in, but I have not breastfed for 2 years. The breast also feels larger, and has been pushing uncomfortably against by bra. This morning, I noticed a sizable swelling above my collar bone next to the neck, left side. Please advise...
Answered by Dr. Monish De 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
ultrasonography

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If there is no lump palpable on self examination of your left breast then the heaviness and pulling sensation on your left breast and the enlarged lymph node above your collar bone is most probably due to an infection.
I would suggest u take a course of antibiotic which contains combination of amoxicillin and clavulanate thrice daily for 7 days and also do ultrasonography of your left breast.
If any space occupying lesion is found then fine needle aspiration cytology test from the lesion can be done to rule out malignancy.
At the present moment you do not need to worry and after a course of antibiotic u should be alright.
Hope i have answered your query.
DR De
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju