Owl Image

What causes heaviness and pain in lower abdomen while walking or coughing?

Owl Image
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Question
I was woke up last night by a very heavy feeling in low low abdomen it hurts when I walk, cough,and sit No burning when urinate or no urges to have to go I had a hysterectomy over 20 years ago - and am 55 yrs old
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs workup and clinical correlation in detail

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Pain hyoogastrium with no uterus non complain of urinary troubles association with walking and intra abdominal pressure ( coughing) and postures need a little more detailed history and physical examination and some work up to assess and categorise. Bowel movements and habits are important here.musculoskeletal pains need to be ruled out too. Bladder infections should have urinary complains so least likely.get some Antispasmodics and see if they help.seek a gastroenterologist and let them run some labs and see if they come up with the diagnosis.
It's too early to comment on.20 years old history of hysterectomy is not significant here except that the adhesions resulted might have some role in the pain here.
Needs work up and a complete clinical corrlation for further management. Seek help.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX