What causes heat exhaustion?
yes, this can occur
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, it is definitely possible.
It would depend on: (A) the environmental temperature
(B) the degree of exertion (activity),
(C) the amount of fluids that the person has been using,
(d) age- with increasing age there are deterioration in the nervous system so that it is not able to adapt to heat changes
(e) other medical conditions such as heart disease or lung disease
(f)obesity or poor fitness.
(g)side of medications can increase the risk of heat exhaustion occurring
For mild cases , treatment would be rest in a cool place and remaining there and increase in oral fluids.
If more severe, rapid cooling may be needed (which may require removal of any excess clothing) and iv fluids may be needed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can heat exhaustion cause miscarriage
- Can heat exhaustion cause low blood pressure upon standing?
- Toddler heat exhaustion
- Can heat exhaustion cause burping
- Lisinopril causing heat exhaustion stoke
- Heat exhaustion cramps causes
- Signs of toddler heat exhaustion
- Can heat exhaustion cause anhidrosis
- Heat exhaustion/dehydration causes
- Heat exhaustion causes