What causes heartburn between the throat and the stomach?
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Female/ 61 - heartburn - 2 days - between throat and stomach - sometimes feel sore throat type discomfort - irritation - not visited a Doctor - tried nothing....
As per the history you have provided this looks to be esophagitis, most probably due to GERD - that is Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
I would advise you the following:
I would advise the following in such a patient:
PPI like Omeprazole
Antacid/Pepcid every 3 to 4 hours when on empty stomach.
Add Domperidone or such motility regulators.
Soft bland diet.
No aerated colas / soda/ drinks.
Early dinner. No late nights.
Get an EKG done to rule out any cardiac issues.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heartburn while pregnant
- What causes heartburn with stomach tenderness and trouble in swallowing
- Heartburn headache stomach pain cause
- What causes heartburn and numbness
- Whats the cause of headaches and heartburn
- What causes heartburn during pregnancy
- What causes extreme heartburn
- What causes upper stomach pain heartburn and bloating in pregnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for heartburn
- Heartburn stomach cramps causes