What causes heart rhythm disorder?
do not worry.
Before we go into detailed discussion, I hope you do not have any alarming symptom of heart rhythm disorder like loss of consciousness, blackouts or unexplained fall. (consult your cardiologist on priority if anyone of them is there)
1. PACs and PVCs are common in normal population. As per one of the estimates, two-third of population will have them on a given day.
2. Since there is no structural heart disease, as your echo and stress echo are normal, these should be considered benign or harmless. Only issue is if you are symptomatic for them. If you are symptomatic you need to avoid the precipitants. These include smoking , caffeine, stress, anxiety and alcohol. They are also precipitated by anti-asthma drugs, lung diseases, thyroid disorders and a variety of other medical conditions.
3. If you are too bothered by them (physical symptoms), then you should consult your cardiologist for possible prescription of drug which can suppress them to some extent.
4. Your cardiologist told you rightly that you must not worry, as it will only increase them.
Also I do not smoke, drink alcohol or caffeine. I do however suffer from anxiety.
please see details.
1. They may or may not occur next morning. Hence we can not predict if they will occur in future or not.
2. PAC or PVC, are only important if they initiate a serious rhythm disorder, they indicate an underlying structural heart disease or they cause some symptoms. Otherwise they are as good as your normal beats. As I told you in last answer they do not themselves can be labelled dangerous in absence of structural heart disease and serious rhythm disorder, both of which you do not have.
3. If you only know them by counting pulse, just try to forget them. If you feel any symptoms when they occur like a chest thump and it is frequent and disturbing, you can ask your cardiologist for some medication. Long term future prognosis is not altered in any adverse manner by them when they occur in isolation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can we use diltiazem to cure heart rhythm disorders
- Loud heart beats heart rhythm disorders heart murmuring
- Symptoms of heart rhythm disorder
- Heart rhythm disorder causes
- Rhythm disorders causes
- Drugs/medication for heart rhythm disorder
- What causes heart rhythm disorders
- Treatment and cure for heart rhythm disorder
- Diagnosis of heart rhythm disorder
- Circadian rhythm disorder causes