What causes heart rate to be 54?
Is she on any medications?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this heart beat of 54 that your mom has and all the disturbing thoughts this must have raised. If she has no symptoms, there is no reason to worry. Heartbeats of lower are common in persons who were very fit in their youths. Other common causes are medications. If she is on any medications, especially for heart disease, please report to me for review as this could be a possible cause.
In all, there is no reason to get worried. A one time value of 54 without any symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, feeling of faint, etc. is of no concern. I will like to see this value repeated and also report her medications to me.
I hope this helps. I wish your mother well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
These medications are not known to slow heartbeat!
Hi and thanks for this follow up information.
These medications do not cause a slow heart rate. Like I mentioned before, if she has no symptoms, there is no reason to get worried at this time.
I wish you both well. If there are any further concerns, do let me know and address them at this time.
Yes, its normal to have lower beats at times!
The heart rate is not a constant. It fluctuate depending on so many factors. During resting, it is at the lower extreme and during exercise, it goes up. There is no reason to be afraid of a beat of 54 and with no disturbing symptom.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. I wish your mum well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of strange heart rate
- What causes low fetal heart rate
- What causes your heart rate to raise to 130
- What causes a headache dizziness and racing heart rate
- What causes lower heart rate
- What causes elevated heart rate
- Elevated heart rate shortness of breath what is causing this
- What causes increased heart rate and palpitations
- What is the cause of changing heart rate
- What causes accelerated heart rate