What causes heart palpitations?
Cardio vascular Disease in diabetic patients
Thanks for contacting with your health concern.
1. diabetes mellitus is an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease [CVD] and is two fold higher in men even after adjustment for other risk factors such as dyslipidemia and hypertension.
PS. have you checked with your Lipid- Blood sugar and Thyroid Profile for any cardiovascular risk factor of blood pressure??
2. I usually check with following risk factors for better management of the disease:
. Lipid Profile: since due to diabetes there is high cholesterol which is a risk factor for high blood pressure, thus do let me know about the values [if done]
. Hypertension: could be cause and effect of the disease but is a modifiable risk factor.
. Blood picture: platelet function may also be affected in diabetic patients, thus platelet count and bleeding time is important.
. any addiction/smoking, weight problem, sedentary life style,?
. Duration since suffering from the above said problems [both], and is blood sugar under control [FBS-PPBS- HbA1c values]?
3. avoid caffeine found in coffee,tea,chocolate,cola,and some pain relievers.
4. Do revert back regarding above said questionnaire for dietary regime and lifestyle management.
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart palpitations caused by gastritis
- Inflammation that causes heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations causing insomnia
- Onion causing heart palpitations
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations caused by sneezing
- Heart palpitations cause coughing
- What causes heart palpitations symptoms
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- What causes minor heart palpitations