What causes heart palpitations?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Homeopathy
Question: i am filling pulpitationmy pulseremainbetween 90-100 bpm kindly suggest me biochemic/homeopathic medicines mybp remain 140-90 i am also diabitic type- 2 paitent
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cardio vascular Disease in diabetic patients

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting with your health concern.

1. diabetes mellitus is an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease [CVD] and is two fold higher in men even after adjustment for other risk factors such as dyslipidemia and hypertension.

PS. have you checked with your Lipid- Blood sugar and Thyroid Profile for any cardiovascular risk factor of blood pressure??

2. I usually check with following risk factors for better management of the disease:
. Lipid Profile: since due to diabetes there is high cholesterol which is a risk factor for high blood pressure, thus do let me know about the values [if done]
. Hypertension: could be cause and effect of the disease but is a modifiable risk factor.
. Blood picture: platelet function may also be affected in diabetic patients, thus platelet count and bleeding time is important.
. any addiction/smoking, weight problem, sedentary life style,?
. Duration since suffering from the above said problems [both], and is blood sugar under control [FBS-PPBS- HbA1c values]?

3. avoid caffeine found in coffee,tea,chocolate,cola,and some pain relievers.
4. Do revert back regarding above said questionnaire for dietary regime and lifestyle management.

Dr. Munish
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari