What causes heart palpitations while sitting, standing or lying down?
I recommend performing some tests:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern I would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to palpitations and possible cardiac arrhythmia.
Anxiety could also mimic this clinical situation.
I recommend consulting with your GP for a careful physical examination, a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound, a chest X Ray study and some blood lab tests:
- complete blood count ( possible anemia)
- PCR and sedimentation rate
- fasting glucose
- blood electrolytes
- kidney and liver function tests
- thyroid hormone levels (possible thyroid gland dysfunction), etc. To exclude other possible metabolic causes.
An ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring is necessary to examine better your heart rhythm and its trends during the day to rule in\ out possible cardiac arrhythmia.
Hope to have been helpful!
Feel free to ask any other questions whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heart palpitations while sleeping
- Heart palpitations caused by gastritis
- Cause of heart palpitations while resting
- Inflammation that causes heart palpitations
- Onion causing heart palpitations
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations cause coughing
- What causes heart palpitations symptoms
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- What causes minor heart palpitations