What causes heart palpitations while bending, dizziness and eye twitching?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: when I bend over to pull weeds or any activity using right arm or lower back, hear my heart beat faster , then a noise in my right ear and a fullness feeling. slight twitching in corner of right eye. then i start to feel dizzy. this all happens when i sit to rest. i have had vertigo for past 2 months but feel something on right side of neck and face is right.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Still look like vertigo

Detailed Answer:
Welcome madam.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The symptoms you are telling looks like BPPV (Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo) which means having vertigo in typical positions.
You will again need a Epleys manoeuvre & some medication like Tab Vertin 16mg thrice daily.
I'll still recommend you to get a ECG & 2D Echo done to rule out other cardiac causes of your symptoms.
Till than don't do the manoeuvre which is causing you vertigo.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 24 hours later
do you mean don't do epley maneuver or just certain movements?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do epleys manoeuvre

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I meant that do the epleys maneuver, but avoid those movements which causes giddiness.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks