What causes heart murmurs?
Most probably mitral valve prolapse,ischemic heart disease to consider too
Thank you for sharing with us your med school question.
A heart murmur at S2 means that the murmur is heard during systole (systolic heart murmur) starting by mid-systole and its ending part (S2)-late systole. The most common cause could be mitral valve prolapse which is the most common finding.
Long ST segment is also with heart murmur at s2 are both indicating mitral valve prolapse.
However, a deeper medical history of the patient is required together with his/her current symptoms to determine the right diagnosis as ischemic heart disease is also to consider together with drug affection.
Hope this answers your question.
I dont know if u answered the part of my question of the long interval in ECG. The ECG part is important pls.
Can send ECG report for more specific help
Yes, I answered your last paragraph regarding elongated st segment. There are various reasons for elongated st segment including drugs, conductivity disorders, trauma, etc.
This explains"drugs affection" in the previous discussion.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?