What causes hearing a swooshing sound in ears when i blink?
Thank you for your query.
1. There are many possible causes for hearing a swooshing sound in your ears when you blink. Some of these are:
a. The sound of muscles, tissue, tear fluid and other structures in the orbit moving.
b. Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome. A Temporal Bone HR (High Resolution) CT is required.
d. Sounds of the tarsal plates which are dense connective tissue normally found in the eye lids.
e. Myoclonus or muscle spasms.
f. Auditory hallucination.
2. There is no direct connection between the optic nerve and the hearing nerve. However there are connections to move the eye ball as per the balance and sound.
3. It is common to hear sounds when the eyes are clenched hard or squeezed tight. If this is mild, no treatment is required.
I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swooshing sounds in left ear
- What causes pulsating swooshing sounds in my right ear
- What causes fizzing sound in ear
- What causes clicking sound in the ear
- What causes a crackling sound in the ear
- What causes squishy sound in ear
- What causes ear popping sounds
- What is the cause of ear sound
- What causes hearing of heart beat sounds in my ear
- What causes rumbling sound in ear