What causes headaches with mouth and facial pain?
Atypical facial pain or TMJ related pain. More info needed.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
There is need for more information about your concerns, in order to have a correct opinion about your concerns: is there tingling and numbness in a side of your face? do the symptoms worsen when you move your jaw or feed? when these symptoms started? are there any things that worsen or make your symptoms better? is there a good teeth closure?Any medication tried?
Temporimandibulary dysfunction related pain is an opportunity as cause of your symptoms, but there may be also atypical facial pain that causes them.
So, if you want to share more information about your symptoms, I'll be happy to reevaluate the situation and give you a more accurate answer.
Hope this helps. I remain at your disposal for further questions or clarifications.
Most probably it's TMJ disfunction.
Hi and thanks for getting back to me.
I think, your symptoms are related most probably to TMJ disfunction.
Treatment about this condition consists on NSAID drugs ( you used them), physical therapy of face, jaw and neck muscles, avoiding hard foods, chewing gum.
If these measures fail to improve your symptoms, Botox injections are used.
Since these are prescription practices and drugs, you should discuss with your treating Doctor about them.
Hope this helps. Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?