What causes headaches followed by double vision and blurred vision?
Nerve palsy needs to be ruled out.
Welcome to Health care magic.
I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.
It seems from the history thatvuiur husband is 61 years old and he is having headaches, followed by double vision, blurred vision and drooping of eye lid of right rye called as ptosis.
These symptoms indicate neurological problems involving the nerves which supply the extraocular muscles. The presence of double vision on looking towards right side and ptosis indicates probable involvement if third cranial nerve.
The common causes yo be ruled out are medical lesions like atherosclerosis, diabetes and hypertension related problems.... and surgical causes like aneurysms....
Since the CT scan has come normal this rules out surgical lesions.
Hence he requires evaluation to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.
However no need to worry as if the cause is a medical cause as mentioned above it will recover and it has got good prognosis.
Please get back to me with blood test results so that I can advice you more accurately.
Hope the information is helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes double vision
- Blurred vision followed by headache
- What causes occasional double vision
- What causes sudden double vision
- What causes blurred vision and headache after concussions
- What is the cause and treatment for double vision
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes sudden blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision and shakes
- Occipital neuralgia blurred vision double vision