What causes headaches, dizziness, nausea, numbness in limbs and ringing in ears?

Posted on Fri, 5 Dec 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, my name is XXXXXXX and I have been dealing with symptoms for almost 4 months. I have a headache everyday, 3-4 times a week they are so severe I can not drive. I am dizzy, nauseous, have vision difficulty as well as ringing in my ears. My hands and feet go numb at times, on average 3 times a week, to the point where my entire hand goes numb. I have also had a low grade fever for going on 4 weeks now, the highest being 101.4. I also have crohns and have continued diarrhea. I have had two rounds of extensive blood work, an ultrasound of my abdomen, a brain mri (which showed mild polypoid mucosal thickening along the posterior aspect of the right sphenoid sinus), an endoscopy and colonoscopy all within the last month. Needless to say, I am exhausted and frustrated. I wake up feeling sick, and with a severe headache, everyday. I am vegan, do not eat sugar or drink caffeine, and try to get plenty of water throughout the day. My doctors are out of answers. I just want to feel better. Please help!
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Migraie,siusitis,blood pressure changes

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

1. Feeling headache, dizzy, nauseous with vision difficulty are related to possible:
- migraine attack
- sinusitis
- changes in your blood pressure
- Menier Syndrome( inner ear issues)

2. You are also reporting Crohn's as your other diagnosis together with continued diarrhea. I think you might have been developed electrolytes imbalance due to diarrhea. Correcting such imbalance with oral rehydration salts is recommended.

3. Further consultation with neurologist and ENT specialist is also advised to rule out neurological and ENT issues respectively.

All the best!
Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 10 minutes later
Thank you for answering. I have seen an ENT and do not have Menier Syndrome. My blood pressure is normal, and do not have sinusitis.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Migraine/spondyloarthrosis;tests reports needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for providing additional medical data of yours.

At this point, I need to have more data on the headache episodes:
- when do you have them? : morning or during all day long?
- is there anything that could trigger (smell? food? stress?)
- is it more during the days when you expect your periods?

Most probably it might be due to migraine or spondyloarthrosis (arthritis of vertebral bones). You are reporting to have done many tests. Can you please provide a scanned copy of the results? I need to analyze them myself for more specific conclusions.

Thank you!
Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist