What causes headaches before and after menstruation?
Take medications as advised and follow precautions
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The headache seems to be migraine.
The management plan is as below.
Take timely breakfast and lunch. Avoid fasting. Avoid excessive tea, coffee and chocolates.
Avoid any other triggers if identified.
Take pain killers during acute attack at the earliest as delay may make the drug non responsive.
In case of recurrent episodes, prophylaxis medications like flunarizine, amitriptyline, topiramate, divalproate and propranolol can be initiated.
The aggravation of pain with inspiration is due to heightened sensitivity.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headache after miscarriage
- Headaches nausea dizziness and heavy menstruation causes
- What causes oily orange menstruation
- What causes stomach pain and headache during menstruation
- What is the cause of headache after an abortion
- What causes changes in menstruation after tubes are tied
- What causes headache after sneezing
- What causes absence of menstruation
- Extended menstruation what are the causes
- Change in menstruation what are the causes
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?