question-icon

What causes headaches along with dizziness and sleeplessness?

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018
Question: Hey doctor

For the last week and a bit now I have been having these headaches where I also feel dizzy and lightheaded along with having a hard time concentrating. I also feel like I am going to pass out at some points as well and I have been trying to drink more water thinking that it may be dehydration but I don't think it is the cause

I have been tested for diabetes about 2 months ago and everything was in normal range and I had my blood pressure tested today at which was 116/71mmHg and that was also within normal range. I am not overweight actually quite lean and skinny and I eat very healthy with my diet consisting of lean means, vegetables and fruit I don't eat much junk food at all. and the only significant problem I have is stomach problems from certain foods that I eat but I have never had these head pains before. I have tried painkillers as well like panadol and it seems to do nothing at all what else could this be?

I have been having this twitching right eye that also came along when the headaches started as well and I have been having a hard time getting to sleep because of the headaches.

I wear prescription glasses but I am unsure if that would be the cause of the problem since its always been fine?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I think there is need for proper evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description the possibility of simple dehydration and similar causes is low as sleplessness, headache, tinnitus, dizziness among others could not be explained on basis of it.

The available description suggests the possibility of infection as all the symptoms can be caused by it. Moderate severity of symptoms again indicates there is problem going on.

In my opinion there is need for in person consultation with doctor as online diagnosis is difficult to made without complete physical examination.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist