What causes headache with dizziness and visual aura?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Yes I am a 52 year old male. Had my annual ck up in April and all blood work, BP normal.
Starting last Tuesday I noticed a funny sensation when reading and then look around like an aura
of dizziness but then goes away. I experience this often now. On Saturday I had an intense pressure
from the back of my head wrapping around my temples to my fore head. I took an alieve
on Sunday and it is much better now. However I still don't feel right. Also the left Sternocleidomastoid a
trapezius is always tight or sore. I feel jittery.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of primary headache like migraine headache

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
i have gone through your question an understand your concerns.
Headache with dizziness or visual aura is found in migraine type of headache.
Are you having any previous headache episodes of migraine?
The response to naproxen is also in favour of migraine type of headache.
It may take 2-3 days in some cases to respond completely. You can repeat the pain killer dose.
you should take adequate rest and sleep with timely food intake.
Is there any history of fever, vomiting, visual loss, seizures or loss of consciousness .
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 45 minutes later
No hx of vomiting,loss of consciousness etc. what causes the jitteriness,
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take pain killers off and on with adequate sleep and rest

Detailed Answer:
Most commonly such symptoms are due to primary headache without any danger signs.
Continue the treatment and advices as given previously.
Need for a doctor visit may be required if symptoms persists for long or any further new complains.
Hope you get well soon.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T