What causes headache while jumping or running?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: what could be the reason if kid is complaining pain at the back of head while jumping or running?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercise induced headache/neuralgia

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
In majority of cases, headaches in children are often not serious.
They can also develop migraines, chronic daily headaches or stress-related (tension) headaches like adults, although their symptoms may be different.
The simplest solution is to start slow and gradually build the intensity and the duration of exercise or jumping/running etc
In some cases, headaches in children can best managed by loving care, over-the-counter pain medications and other lifestyle and home measures.
However, if headaches worsen, occurs at least once a month and feature persistent vomiting and vision changes, it might be best that you bring your child to her doctor for re-assessment.

Dr Priyanka G Raj
You can meet Neurologist too he may ask you to get done MRI brain for further evaluation and treatment
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj