What causes headache, runny nose, sore throat and stiff neck?
Is your daughter well oriented?
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.
As per you description I would make a provisional diagnosis of upper respiratory tract infection(URTI).I would like to know some more information-
Since when does she have these above symptoms?How did it start?
Since when does she complain of neck stiffness?
Does she complain of tiredness?Orientation?
How is her appetite?
Await your reply soon.
Take your child to physician/ER as early as possible
Hi again.Thanks for the quick revert.
As per your description I would make a provisional diagnosis of viral infection(viral meningitis) of the brain.This is probably in the early stage of infection.
I would ask for CSF analysis and start on empirical antibiotics(cephalosporins). Suggest to consult a physician as early as possible for further examination, evaluation and detailed work up.
Nothing to panic.She will get well soon.Good luck.
Give her acetaminophen
Give her Acetaminophen 650 mg Extended release tablets twice daily after food until then.This is available over the counter.
I am sure you will take her to physician as early as possible.Get permission from the college if possible.Good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat stiff neck no fever
- Sore throat stiff neck drainage
- Sore throat with stiff neck and lump
- Sore throat stiff neck headache stomache cramping
- Sore throat and dizzy with stiff neck
- Stiff neck headache sore throat
- Sore throat and stiff neck and sinus
- Toddler with stiff neck and runny nose
- Runny nose watery eyes sore throat aches and pains plus stiff neck
- Stiff neck and sore throat
- Took risperidal, lorazepam and benztropine. Unable to stand still after...
- When does negative feedback mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal...
- Injured nose, cheekbone and lost teeth. Any risk of death?
- Losing weight, stomach is elevated and found a lump under ribcage. What...
- Having premature ejaculation. What could be done?
- Have chronic bronchitis and noticed a lump at the back of throat. What...
- Took Morphine injection, Hydrocodone and ondansetron for strained...
- Child has developed pus cells after taking antibiotics. Advised...
- How to resolve problem of autistic child who masturbates frequently?
- Had cortisone shots in neck. What could be the cause for redness in body?