What causes headache radiating from upper eye ball to head?
My querry:- I am suffering from Headache issue. Usually i get this headache in 3-4 months once. It starts from upper side of eye ball & then reaches to head. This headache is for 4-5 hours. I normally apply headache bam/disprin in case its seviour. In normal case i use to take rest. Few days back I got headache in left side of my head for 2-3 hours & suddenly when i came to my seat & open my laptop i was not able to see clearly from my left eye for atleast 10 mints & after that it was fine. I also had eye test it was ok. Please suggest.
Suggestive of migraine.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms and they are suggestive of migraine with visual aura.
You may start on preventive medications such as propranolol or topiramate to prevent the recurrence of these episodes of headache.
When you get headaches, you may take rizatriptan tablets.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red eye and headaches
- What could cause headache cough and swelling of eye
- What causes irritation in eyes with headache and eye pain
- What causes headache and pressure behind the eyes
- What causes headaches with pressure across the eye brows
- What could cause headache and discomfort around the eyes
- What causes frequent attacks of headaches and pain in eyes
- What causes headaches in the left eye brow bone
- What causes swelling in eyes with headaches
- Headache without eye problem what is causing this headache