What causes headache post bleach spray exposure?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: After cleaning the floor with a bleach spray foam I got a sudden, severe right sided headache and eye pain. I rinsed my eyes with water for about 5 min. It is worse when I lie down. What should I do?

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible allergic reaction to bleach spray foam...

Detailed Answer:

Having headache on your right side and eye pain are related to possible allergic reaction to bleach spray. I highly advise to keep your eyes well rinsed for more than 5 minutes (up to 30 min). Do not forget to use thorough cold water tap.

Try to go outside (in fresh air) for the symptoms to subside.

Continue taking Tylenol, you can increase the actual dose of it. If the symptoms will be worst, or the eye will get red, should contact your doctor immediately.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana