What causes headache originating from back of head to front?
Symptoms suggest muscle tension headache.
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms. These are most likely suggestive of muscle tension headaches. Flunarizine is a good drug for treating migraine, however, your symptoms do not suggest migraine.
For muscle tension headache, you may start dothiepin tablets.
You should get better in 2-3 weeks. Only if you do not improve, you may go for a brain scan.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
Thank you for your reply. request you to clarify what doseage should the drug dothiepin tablets be taken.
Is dothiepin name of the tablet or content? How many days should I take it?
The details are below.
Thank you for getting back.
Dothiepin is usually sold in the name of Prothiaden tablets, made by Abott company.
If you were my patient, I would usually start a dose of 25 mg at night, and review back after one month.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes phlebitislower back pain and headaches
- What causes back neck pain with headache
- Lower back headache causes
- What causes headache with pressure in the back of head
- What causes dent on back of head
- What causes fatigue with headache and back pain
- I wake up with bad headache in back of head what causes this
- What is cause head bumpson back
- What causes fluttering in the back of the head
- Headache causes back of head