• question-icon

What causes headache, eye pain and sore throat in a child?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: My son just entered my room saying that he has a headache, from the temple to the top of his head, his neck bothers hm, he noticed that his eyes hurt a little when he moved them from one side to another, and he has a little sore throats his age is 13, he spent the week end and my oldest son's house where there are daycare aged children ranging from ages 4 and 2

I'm not seeing any respinse
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your son has probably 'caught' some virus.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to health care magic, Your son has probably 'caught' some virus.
You are doing great with Advil and compress.
Continue same along with warm saline gargles.
You can also give him an OTC cold and congestion preparation--half tablet four times a day.
Mild infections should improve.
In case it does not improve or symptoms increase, show your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 11 minutes later
Do I need to worry about some type of meningitis?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Since the headache is recent, let us wait and watch.

Detailed Answer:
Since the headache is recent, let us wait and watch. Most viral fevers can be accompanied by headache.
If headache persists along with high fever then we need to think of things like a severe infection or meningitis.
Dr. Geeta Sundar