What causes headache during masturbation?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I am 48 years old and I masturbated on a regular basis and for the past three times my head has felt like it was going to exploded with pain. I got the worst migraine that I have ever experience in my life. I felt as if I was going to die. The pain started in my neck and then went into my head and eyes, I had to stop before reaching climax due to the pain and with both hands I had to squeeze my head from the throbbing pain in my head. it makes me feel like vomiting, very dizzy and server pain in my head and behind my eyes.

please help me. I am so confused and I have been doing this the same way for 10 years, so this is something new. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sex headaches

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Sex headaches are common, it is sometimes idiopathic ( no specific reason) however it requires evaluation. It could be because of intracranial pathology like aneurysm, infection of the brain or some pathology in the vessels supplying the brain.

Here is what you should do

1. Approach a GP for routine blood tests and check of your blood pressure
2.MRI angiogram of the brain has to be done.
3. The treatment is with a short course of propranolol if nothing is found. Propranolol acts as an anti migraine agent

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me