What causes headache, body pains and numbness in lower body?

Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: hi doctor my name is XXXXXX 33 years of age since last evening having a lot of headache and body ache had fever also last night 100.3 not there currently. feeling numbness in lower body does feel like any strength
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral fever suspected

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for choosing health care magic.

I am suspecting viral fever in your case based on the symptoms mentioned in your query.

Viral fevers most commonly present with generalized weakness and body ache with mild fever.

Such fevers are usually self limiting and reduce within 5-7 days.

You can take over the counter painkillers for the headache and body ache.

Bed rest and fluid diet is recommended.

Water intake of at least 3-4 liters per day is advised.

If your symptoms do not reduce within the next three days, you need to get in touch with a GP nearby you to get examined in detail to rule out other causes.

I hope I have helped you with this answer.

Please get back if I can assist you further,

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad