What causes headache associated with drooping of the eyelids and double vision?

Ophthalmologist
Question
At the beginning of XXXXXXX my husband started having headaches (which he never had before) his right eye started to droop (now it almost closed at times) his vision has gone double (one on top of the other mainly but sometimes it's double vision side by side)
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is painful ophthalmoplegia, requires evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your husband is having headache associated with drooping of the eyelids and double vision probably because of limitation of extraocular movements.

These symptoms indicate neurological problems and require examination by a neurologist to find out the underlying cause.
The common causes to be ruled out are neurologic migraine and other conditions causing painful oohthalmoplegia like nerve palsies.....

Hence I advice you to get neurological examination by consulting a neurologist.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards