What causes headache and persistent night sweats in an elderly person?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: 64 YEARS OLD, NIGHT SWEATS SINCE FEBRUARY, EXTREME FATIGUE, MY ARTHRITIS HURTS ALL THE TIME, ESPECIALLY MY NECK. HEADACHES EVERY DAY. MY CBC SHOWED .2% IMMATURE GRANULOCYTES. RBC AND WBC WERE NORMAL. FAMILY HISTORY OF LEUKEMIA, AND I AM WORRIED, BUT MY DOCTOR IS NOT. IS THIS ALL IN MY HEAD?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood count

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

With your blood count I will agree with your doctor,you have nothing to be conserd,because your have a normal blood test.

You suffer from arthritis and the symptoms referred are from your disease almost

However could you upload your blood test on this page. I can take a better look at it.

Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 17 hours later
just got these. all normal except:
ovalocytes +1
vit B12 1634
BUN 25
BUN/Cr ratio 27.8
PT 1.0
INR 11.6
basophil abs .06

I donated a kidney in 2014.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood counts

Detailed Answer:
Hi again
There are related with your kidney history

You should not be concerd for probability of leukemia due to your family history

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 50 minutes later
one thing I'm so confused about...

my PT is 1.0 normal is 15-30
my INR is 11.6 normal is 2-3

I have gone from being very healthy and energetic to extreme fatigue and daily headaches. I hear that my tests are normal, but I want to feel better, and don't know what to do. Every time I see the doctor it costs over $100, and I walk out of the office feeling like I'm making things up. I'm not.
What can I do next?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood counts

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

If they are all normal and you continue to have headaches den maybe its better to consult a neurologist for the profitability of other diseases like fibromyalgia or other causes or your situation

You may have Ct scan too for your headaches
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vishesh Rohatgi