What causes headache and nausea after having Prevnar injection?
Most likely to subside with symptomatic treatment
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern and am sorry for your distress.
Yes , these side effects can occur with PREVNAR. Normally, PCV 13 vaccine is tolerated very well by individuals with no or minimal side effects. But , almost any drug can lead to a hypersensitivity reaction provided an individual is susceptible. You can take acetaminophen along with cyclizine or metoclopramide for now. Most likely your condition will improve and these symptoms would regress. However, If the symptoms persist or worsen then you should go to an E.R to assess and treat for other causes including an allergic reaction to the vaccine contents.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
You are most welcome
It's good to know that the side effects have not hindered your daily work routine. The medication can be of use in alleviating the symptoms though its entirely your choice if you want to abstain from any prescribed medication.
You are most welcome.
Let me know if you have any query.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting headaches sore breasts and nausea
- What causes nausea with headaches and lightheadedness
- What is the cause for headache vomiting and nausea
- What causes to swallow saliva that causes headache and nausea
- What causes headaches and nausea
- Can cortisone injections cause headaches or nausea
- What causes headache with nausea without fever
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What causes vague headaches and nausea
- What are the causes of bad headaches nausea