What causes headache and body pains after a hit on head?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I hit my head last night in the edge of a glass shower door and am not sure if I should go to the doctor. Have a headache, left side of face/head feels heavy, hurts to lay down.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to go to the doctor now.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. These are suggestive of mild head injury. As of now, you can take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief. There is no need to go to the doctor now.

If you develop severe headache, vomiting, blurred vision, fits or weakness of arm and leg, you may go the hospital and get a CT scan of the brain done.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in