What causes head pain and vomiting in a child?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: My 7 year old came home from school today saying his head hurt badly “ very badly “ we got home I️ got him into bed tried giving him some Advil for children. He vomited shortly afterwards.
He went to sleep and has woken up crying again saying his head is hurting terribly.
He’s not a child to fake being sick loves school.
He is running a low temp of 99.5
Any hello would mean the world as I’m alone my husband is working out of town until Thurs.
my son has a twin sister that I’m keeping him away from. Until we know what’s wrong.
Sincerely XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An evaluation by your son's Pediatrician is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Get your son to the Pediatrician.

Conditions to consider include a viral infection, head trauma, and in rare cases, problems with cerebrospinal fluid circulation in brain.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T