What causes hard painful lump in the crease of buttock?
it should be drained
Thank you for the query.
This looks like a pilonidal cyst. Due to ingrown hair in this area the tisuess get irritated what leads to cyst creation. When such cyst gets infected, pus appears what gives strong pain. You may have also a fever with this issue.
As you have the pain, your cyst seems to be filled with pus. To get a relief you need to consult general surgeon and have it incised.
After an incision you should get scheduled for cyst removal, otherwise it will give the pain again.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause reddening and slightly pain in buttocks
- What causes pain in right buttock and hip
- What causes pain in buttock
- Whats causing deep pain in my left buttock
- What is the cause for hard painful buttock
- What is the cause of buttock pain with facet disease
- What causes abdominal pain after falling on the buttocks
- What is the cause of redness in crease of buttocks
- What could be the cause of pain in left buttocks
- What could cause recurrent and painful bleeding lump in buttocks