What causes hard nipple and reddish pimple next to nipple in a male?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello.
I am writing for a 27y.o. male who has a c/o nipple changes in right breast. The nipple feels hard and rubbery, a noticeable change from the left side. There is a small red area next to the nipple that looks like the beginning of a boil. The nipple is very tender to touch. This is accompanied by enlarged swollen axillary lymph nodes on the respective side, also very tender to touch. ---possibly related, or unrelated; this is accompanied with small flat red rash on trunk, up sides (on lower half of body) bilaterally, and under both armpits. He has no family physician, will probably go to urgent care tomorrow, any opinions are welcome!
Thank you very much, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Furuncle

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You have developed furuncle.
It's a bacterial infection of the deep tissue.
You need treatment with oral antibiotics and probably drainage of pus.
You don't need to panic it's not an emergency but you must meet a doctor tomorrow.
For now you can take a pain killer and apply hot fomentation to the involved area.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar