What causes hard bumps under the eye?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello, 1 month agoI visited eye doctor . It Was 1 bag under one eye and a feeling of sand in 1 eye. eye doctor prescribed erythromycin 0.5% ointment for 2 week. After that I got 2 bag under eyes. The skin around his eyes tightened.Chlamydia test is negative .Now eye doctor prescribed me doxycycline hyclate 100 mg 2 times a day, 30 days. Information about this drug in internet says that this drud prescribes for 7-14 days.How long I shoul take it drug? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take doxycycline for. 5 days.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
We should have a proper diagnosis first,that will justify the reason for starting a drug.Doxycycline is used for lid margin infections.Take it for 5days and then reassess.If you are much better then it can be continued for another 3 to 5 days otherwise change in medication is called for..
Any further Query in this regard, please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj