What causes hard bumps on the palms of the hands?

Dr. Jawahar Ticku

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: On the palms of both hands I have a hard bump. It appears to be connected to a vein. The left one is,about the size of. Dime, right one is smaller. Does not hurt to touch. They appeared about two days ago, and they have not changed much. I have had 5 stents put in in about 8-9 years ago I walk a 4 miles a day
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
VENOOCCLUSIVE DISORDER,

Detailed Answer:
DEAR XXXXX,
THANKS FOR YOUR QUERY. YOU HAVE H/O OF STENTS THAT MEANS THERE IS A GENERALISED DISORDER OF VASCULAR BLOCKAGE. IT MAY NOT BE NECESSARY IT IS CONNECTED TO VEIN. IF IT IS PAINFUL ON TOUCH AND LOCAL TEMPERATURE IS RAISED IT CAN BE INFLAMATION AND POSSIBLY PYOGENIC. IF THERE IS NO PAIN AND REDNESS IN IT THEN IT IS OTHER THAN INFECTION. BY APPLYING SLOWLY PRESSURE ON IT, IF IT DISAPPEARS IT IS RELATED TO VEIN.SO THE BEST THING IS TO APPLY A CRYSTAL OF ICE ON IT AND APPLY PRESSURE ON IT, MAY BE IT DIS APPEARS. KEEP IT TIGHTLY BANDAGED FOR A DAY OR TWO.
LET ME KNOW THE RESULT OF THIS PROCEDURE.
TRULY,
DR. J. TICKU
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar