What Causes Hair Loss?
needs thyroid checked
Hello and thank you for using HCM. There are many causes for hair loss including medications, medical conditions and stress. The most common of these in women is a thyroid disorder, but other conditions may also cause problems like skin conditions or autoimmune disorders. Blood tests can look for thyroid problems and autoimmune disorders. The stress I mentioned is not necessarily emotional stress but it could be something like having a surgery or being in an auto accident. These put stress on the body and can result in hair loss. It is not uncommon for women after menopause to lose hair and we are not sure if they are related or if they just occur at the same time in our lives. It looks like your doctor already has you on spironolactone and that can be an effective treatment for hair loss in women. There are also over the counter products like minoxidil that you can apply to your scalp to help with hair growth. If the problem persists and no cause is found medically you may need to see a dermatologist for a skin biopsy of your scalp. I hope this helps and that your problem resolves soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Health benefits of pistachio nuts and hair
- Itchy scalp that causes to pull hair
- Is it alright to shave private hair
- Is dettol mixed water is harm to hair
- I have yellow crust on armpit hair
- How the triphala cover the grey hair
- I am 32 years old and i have white hair on my beard and hair
- I just put clorox bleach in my hair
- Feeling weak and shaky losing hair
- Im 20 and why am i growing lots of white hair