• question-icon

What causes hair loss while on Revilus?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: In previous message Dermatologist asked me to use below medicine for Hair loss. I would like to know for how many months do I need to use?
Minoxidil 5%solution, 1ml, twice daily on scalp skin
H-Vit forte tablet or Revilus tablet once daily
I forgot to add one more thing, since 3-4 days I have itching problem on my feet and Palm. Is this symptom for any health problem. Could you provide any medicine for this too.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use medicines for hair loss for 4-5 months

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
You need to use the medicines for hair loss for atleast 4-5 months to see significant results.
Itching on the palm and feet can be due to multiple reasons like eczema, fungal infection or any specific skin disease.
Since you are having it for only 3-4 days take an antihistaminic like tablet fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily and apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily for 7-10 days.
This should resolve your problem.
If it doesn't improve in a week's time consult a dermatologist and get a clinical examination done.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist