What causes hair growth on back and parts of tummy?
I understand what you are saying.
The medical term for this is Hirsutism. It occurs in variable extent ie it can be mild in some, moderate in others and severe in few women.
When I see a young woman like you in my practice who presents with complaints of excess hair growth in male pattern, I order the following tests in addition to a thorough physical examination:
Liver function tests
Kidney function tests
17 hydroxy progesterone
Midnight Salivary cortisol
All of these are blood tests except one which is a saliva test.
These tests are important to rule out medical problems that can cause this condition.
Depending on the results of these tests one can arrive at the possible diagnosis. Treatment can be planned accordingly.
You will be best served by seeing an Endocrinologist in person.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a splotchy back
- What causes lower back ache
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes allergy in back
- What causes back hair growth
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes brusing on lower back
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes fluttering in the back of the head
- What causes back spasms
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...