What causes hair fall and dark under eye circles?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi,

my hairs are falling rapidly as well have dark circles below my eyes can you please sugguest what should do for these things

thanks
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take long term regular treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You seem to have two problems.

For your hair fall, you should start intake of biotin rich foods like carrots, green leafy vegetables, dry fruits and pulses. You can start with application of topical minoxidil 5percent lotion one ml twice a day over the affected areas of the scalp . You can use any shampoo twice a week. Regular and long term application of minoxidil lotion is very essential to see good results.
For your dark circles , take a diet rich in citrus fruit and salads . Take lots of oranges.
Apply kojivit cream twice a day over the area around the eyes.
Get a hemoglobin assessment done since anemia is a common cause of dark circles .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 12 minutes later

Thank you so much for your answer , actually its the problem with my wife her age is only 22 can you please suggest same things her should use or any other suggestions you have .

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide details about hair loss

Detailed Answer:
Your wife can use the medicines as prescribed for dark circles.
But regarding the hair fall, I would like to know certain more details .
Is the hair fall only from the front of scalp or from the whole scalp? Any associated dandruff?
Since when is she having this hair loss?

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 35 minutes later
Length of her hair are becoming low and hairs fall not from from the whole scalp . no she not have any dandruff . 3 to 4 months have been her hair are falling but not grow .

Thanks
Brief Answer:
Treatment for hair fall

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

She can start intake of tablet biotin 10 mg tablet once a day.
In addition, apply zydip lotion at the hair roots at night.
Use any shampoo for washing hair twice a week .
Take a biotin rich diet as advised earlier.

Dr Geetika Paul