What causes gurgling stomach after eating and weakness with normal blood tests?

Question
I have lost some eight these past 5 weeks. I am normally 158 pounds and now weigh 149. I have not varied in weight for past 10 years but a pound or two. I have completed blood tests, and thyroid and cortizol tests are fine. A chest xray shows no signs of cancer. My symptoms are gurgling stomach after eating, nervous muscle system after even an easy workout, muscle weaknesss all over body, and no driving appetite when hungry....I am eating only because I know I must intake calories... ( i notice strangely that I have no desire for coffee or tea in the mornings...though I have drank two cups per day my whole life.... My doctor is thinking endocrinologist or gastroenterologist... What input may you have. I am eating well and not exercising much, but cant gain a pound since July 1....I am stable at 149 pounds...
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
Noted your case report.
You mentioned about the exercise. Did you start it recently? Do you think you have cut down calorie intake to lose weight ? What is your height ?

Noted that cortisol and thyroid fuctions were normal. What time was the cortiosl done? 8 AM ?? and what was the report like? could you please attach the reports?

You need few other tests at this age for weight loss ( if you feel that the eight loss is involuntary) and low apetite.
1) Ultrasound of abdomen and Pelvis,
2) Stool occult blood test x 3 samples,
3) Possibly an upper GI endoscopy +/- colonoscopy ( if the stool occult blood test is abnormal).
4) Examination of prostate.
5) CBC and ESR

Since the thyroid tests are normal, it is better to meet a gastroenterologist first. If no gastrointestinal problems are found for weight loss, then an endocrinology evaluation may be warranted.

Binu