• question-icon

What causes growths in vagina?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I found some growths in vagina could you please inform of what they are and if i should be worried. Ive also been seeing blood in my urine.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing abnormal seen in your vagina.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query, pictures and previous history. Nothing abnormal seen in your vagina. Vagina is very sensitive area so the abnormality you feel could be due to irritation from something you exposed. A pap smear and HPV test after consulting a gynecoloist is well appreciated as you are sexually active.
Blood seen in urine could be due to urinary stones. Presence of oxalates also gives suspicion to that. So better to have a consultation with nephrologist , ultrasound examination of abdomen and pelvis and a X ray KUB. This will help to rule out this.
Take more plain water. Taking cranberry juice , potassium citrate syrup in water is good also. after antibiotic therapy get a urine culture also to make sure there is no infection.

Let me know if anything no clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN