What causes growth of skin in between breasts?
Might be a keloid in chest wall, please consult surgeon and confirm it
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Your sister appears to have what is known as a keloid in the skin above the breasts, in the mid line upper chest wall.
2. If confirmed to be a keloid, it is an overgrowth of scar tissue that has a tendency for regrowth after removal. It is a benign by locally recurrent lesion.
3. It starts with a small injury to the area which heals over time and grows more than the surrounding tissues.
4. Some people experience pain and discomfort in the region.
5. Please consult a surgeon and confirm the condition. Once confirmed to be a keloid, treatment options include excision surgery, freezing therapy, steroid injection, radiation.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in breast
- What causes swelling between the breast and armpit
- What causes a sore breast
- What causes raw skin between inner thighs
- What could cause a extra skin growth on arm
- What causes fibrocystic breasts and do they cause cancer
- What is the cause of breast growth in men
- Lump between breasts causes
- Discolored skin between breasts cause
- Causes of breast growth